Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thanks to a spectacular pollen season, I managed to completely lose my voice last week.  While my kids thought it was the greatest thing ever, it was beyond frustrating for me.  I was apprehensive that it would even make sense for me to come into work.  However, it turned into a great reminder of one of the best ways to study for the LSAT.  Because I couldn't talk, I was having students teach me.  They would tell me what kind of question it was, what they do with that kind of question and then why the wrong answers were wrong.  They were able to get clarification about which kind of questions they weren't really getting and, more importantly, why.  However, the real learning was taking place as they tried to figure out what was wrong with the wrong answers.  One student even learned that a much better strategy for her would be to look for the wrong answers rather than try to make one of the 5 options be right.  I had a flashback to when I was studying for the LSAT and I can remember sitting at my desk talking to the wall.  That wall in the U-District is now an expert on how the LSAT writes wrong answers.  Try this - you will find that you are repeating yourself.  That is because there are very few reasons as to why an answer can be wrong so they are using the same methods over and over again.

Happy studying!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment